PUBLIC INVITED TO FREE WEBINAR ON FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION PROCESS
Clarion University's Offices of Financial Aid and Admissions will sponsor a free webinar about completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at 2 p.m. Dec. 8 in Room 107/108 of Eagle Commons, at the corner of Ninth and Wood streets. The event is free and open to the public, with a special emphasis on college-bound high school seniors and their parents.
Topics will include:
- What is FAFSA?
- Steps to take before applying for Federal Student Aid
- Strategies and deadlines in the application process
- Expectations after applying for Federal Student Aid
- Review of frequently asked questions
- Overview of program and application changes for 2011
- Resources for counselors, students and families
Presenter will be Cindy Forbes Cameron, who works in the Awareness & Outreach office of Federal Student Aid at the United States Department of Education.