Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
Some school shave "weighted" grades for honors, AP, or college credits. For example an A - in AP ENglish may be worth 5 vs. the traditional 4.
Have a question about your GPA? See your guidance counselor or ETS counselor for more information or for help calculating your personal GPA.
ETS families: Please let us know if you plan to attend. This is a popular event, so arrive a little bit early!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Use this link to view all nominations: http://www.nationalbook.org/nba2008.html
YOUNG PEOPLE'S LITERATURE
Laurie Halse Anderson, Chains (Simon & Schuster)
Kathi Appelt, The Underneath (Atheneum)
Judy Blundell, What I Saw and How I Lied (Scholastic)
E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks (Hyperion)
Tim Tharp, The Spectacular Now (Alfred A. Knopf)
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Allegheny College and Edinboro
Pick-ups set for New Bethlehem, Clarion Mall, and Cranberry Mall
Seniors - Edinboro is offering Clarion ETS students FREE application fee waivers, just for attending.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Point Park University and the Art Institute of Pittsburgh
Pick-ups set for New Bethlehem Clarion Mall, and Cranberry Mall
Parents are welcome to attend.
You must register, by calling 1-888-533-6487. Hope to see you there!
- Rake the yard and body surf in the pile. (You are never too old for this!)
- Visit a pumpkin patch. Carve a pattern, logo, or squiggles.
- Create a scarecrow and put him in your yard.
- Simmer a batch of hot cider - nothing smells better!
- Play hide 'n seek outside with your friends.
- Have a marshmallow roast (with parental help, of course.)
- Make an autumn journal. Add photos, leaf rubbings, and more.
- Take a trip to the local apple orchard. (Yes, there are plenty in Western PA.) Bake a pie or make applesauce.
- Plan a hayride!
- Take a walk or hike and enjoy the day!